Who we are
African Deli is a home-grown start-up, founded in January 2013.
Since our inception, we have:-
- championed the development of a new branded retail category in the form of ready-made traditional food;
- established a fully-fledged, state-of-the-art, turn-key, value-add facility in Walvis Bay, Namibia;
- been certified by the Namibian Standard Institution (NSI) as a HACCP-certified establishment since mid-January 2017;
- created 60 new jobs for Namibians;
- officially started operation in February 2017; and
- been listed by major retailers in Botswana, Namibia and South Africa.
- We have 16 Office Personnel and 44 Production Workers
What we do
We at African Deli have identified a niche and unique gap in the market for cost-effective, tasty traditional food solutions that are easy to prepare.Our products are targeted at the urbanized, modernized and aspirational traditionalist with busy lifestyles and offer a quick, comforting and convenient pantry-fill linked to their roots and culture and to re-establish a sense of pride in traditional food and African culture.
What we offer
African Deli’s flagship brand DINOLO is derived from the words Dijo (food) and Bonolo (made easy) in North Sotho vernacular.The Dinolo products are African-focused both in taste and appearance, produced in the form of beef tripe and gravy or chili sauce with a superior shelf-life of 16 months.The products have no preservatives and MSG and do not need any refrigeration prior to opening.The product is produced in a convenient and modern microwavable packaging, just for you to heat-and-eat.Therefore, turning 5 hours into 5 minutes.
We can be contacted at: www.africandeli.com